"Nitin Garg" wrote:
>The best way to merge digital and film is to make *digital film* IMO.
>Dont know if its possible. Dont think anyone is doing it :)

        Yes, someone is (or perhaps, was).  It's been vapor hardware for something
like 4 years now, so no need to provide a web address.  Last I recall, the
resolution they were talking about was so low that the product wouldn't be
viable anymore.
        My guess is they have the patent and are waiting for some camera company to
buy them out for it.  Unfortunately, they haven't realized that allowing
consumers to reuse existing gear instead of buying new isn't in anybody's
interest except the consumers, and they apparently don't have enough money
to make the development happen.

>On Thu, May 02, 1996 at 07:01:40PM -0700, Jeremy Clegg wrote:
>> I have been away, so I apologize if this topic has been beat to death.
>> Can I be relatively confident that *at some point less than 5 years from
>> now* Pentax will release a Digital SLR that can take all my nice Pentax
>> lenses?

        As said by someone else, don't hold your breath -- the MZ-S itself took
nearly 6 years of this-conference-that-event rumors before it was real.  I
don't know what took them so long to perfect on it, so it was probably some
sort of delay for the proper market.  Therefore, Pentax is probably waiting
for the dust to settle on what the proper resolution and features should be
and for the proper market before releasing their digital SLR.  I doubt they
have figured out that this combination of factors is unlikely to happen
until the market is nearly saturated and sales begin to slow.
        Of course, I suppose it is possible that Pentax will release the DSLR
sooner.

later,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED])