From: Larry Colen<l...@red4est.com>
Subject: Mounting a phone or tablet to a camera? Also tripod heads

A lot of times when playing with astrotracer, I can't exactly see what
I'm aiming at with my bare eye, and particularly not through the
viewfinder.  I've gotten close by using the google skymap app on my
phone, holding it up to the back of my camera and using that to aim
close enough to see the object in images and dial things in tighter.

I've got an adapter for mounting a green laser to my hot shoe. I'd love
to have something similar for holding my smartphone.  Does anyone know
of something existing?
Mind you what I'd really like is to be able to install google sky map on
my camera and use its gps, accelerometer and display for aiming.

In a similar vein. fine adjustments using a ball head are a titch
touchy. My old manfrotto three axis heads allowed me to adjust one axis
at a time, but I can't find any of those in Arca Swiss.  Are there any
decent three axis arca swiss heads that will hold a large lens and not
cost several hundred dollars?