Thanks for looking and commenting, and greetings from Elin too.

Alan; I don't think so. However, the flying club has regular training courses for microplane certification. That's been on my bucket list since 2004, and I blame the PDML. A whole bunch of non-US members went to GFM that year, and one of the talks was by Bill Fortney who had made a project of shooting USA's famous landscapes from a motorized hang-glider (trike microplane).
http://billfortney.com/?page_id=13172