Mark Roberts wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions (and more are welcome).
>
>Some clarification:
>This is an intermediate course – the students have taken Photography 1
>There will be a little studio photography later in the semester

Come to think of it, if it were up to me I wouldn't even include any
studio photography in this level of photography course (I'd make it a
separate course) but the department expects it, largely to work with
the fashion department. That said, I'm not too worried about
triggering the studio strobes; if all else fails they can be triggered
optically from an on-board flash.

Since this is the second of only two photography courses we have,
getting the students to start working with interchangeable lenses and
the effects of focal length is a must. I'd really like to confine them
to primes but that's a non-starter. (I do plan on restricting some
assignments to specifically one focal length and checking it in the
metadata of the raw files.)

Raw file conversion (and B&W in particular) will be part of the
course. I'm going to have everyone convert to DNG and embed XMP file
data (trying to get students to upload both a raw file and the XPM
sidecar file that goes with it is too horrible to contemplate).

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com

---