On 9/16/2016 7:23 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Paul via phone

On Sep 16, 2016, at 1:10 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

P.J. Alling wrote:
To be fair, the Canon has a better autofocus system with more focus
points spread over more of the frame, not to mention much better live
view focusing, faster frame rate, bigger buffer, a touch screen, (which
enables nose focus I would guess), and records video in 4K, all of which
are desirable to a lot of photographers.
Yup. The K-1 is the best camera on the market for someone who wishes that their
35 year old K1000 was digital. Sure, it has all those niceties like autofocus,
auto exposure and such, but to really get the best results from it, you very
rarely want to rely entirely on its automatic modes. However, if you're willing
to take your time, and carefully double check everything, it is probably the
best performing camera on the market for anything close to the cost.

For shooting action, arguably my K-3 is a much better camera, with the faster
frame rate and much larger buffer.

Perhaps, but in shooting football and RC Motorsport I've found the K-1
continuous autofocus to be superior to that of the K-3. I'm probably going to
shoot football again so perhaps I'll give the K-3 a try. I have used it to
shoot road racing and got satisfactory results but seem to recall more missed
focus.

Paul, you're an old timer who /had/ to develop actual shooting skills, because the camera didn't do it for you, giving you a camera that needs you to actually do some if not all of the work, results in great photographs. Most kids today don't even know where to start if the camera can't focus for them. or blast off 20 frames to capture something /close/ to the decisive moment. That's what I see to be the problem, they'd rather spend twice as much to get something that do most of the work for them. The K-1 is three things, solidly built, a great performer, (if you know how to use it), and a great bargain. I only hope that's enough to make it a great seller.