Larry, I downloaded the software from Metz to see what was inside it. The Exe file on the site is a self extracting archive. Inside is the actual driver updates and software to install them. I tried to read the instructions to figure out if you could manually push them to your flash, but unfortunately the instructions for the installation itself are in German. Strangely the instructions to remove the installer from your system when you're done with them are in English. I get the feeling that Metz is a pretty schizophrenic corporation. My German is so rusty that it's damn near nonexistent.