P.J. Alling wrote:
Larry, I downloaded the software from Metz to see what was inside it.
The Exe file on the site is a self extracting archive. Inside is the
actual driver updates and software to install them. I tried to read the
instructions to figure out if you could manually push them to your
flash, but unfortunately the instructions for the installation itself
are in German. Strangely the instructions to remove the installer from
your system when you're done with them are in English. I get the feeling
that Metz is a pretty schizophrenic corporation. My German is so rusty
that it's damn near nonexistent.

The good news is that I have upgraded my flash firmware.

Nicole has a windows 10 laptop for her in car data acquisition system. I was, eventually, able to figure out how to do things enough to accomplish the task. Windows 10 is not trivially intuitive. The Metz upgrade software is not much better. I would also think that a company the size of Metz would have at least one native English speaker that they could ask to peruse the documentation so that the English comes out better than had they just run it through google translate. Seriously, it was bad. If you want people to associate you with quality, just spend the money to have someone proofread your documentation in the target language.