I do a lot of my photography in really low light. The 2/3 stop between f/1.8 and f/1.4 doesn't seem like much, but when you're talking the difference between 1/13 and 1/20 Second, it can be a huge difference. Similarly, doing night landscapes, the 2/3 stop can be a big deal with star motion in the background.

Does anyone have experience with both the 31 limited and the 35 art? I can't justify buying the faster lens without selling the 31. It's been a workhorse lens for me, particularly since it was my only fast "standard" in APS.

I've heard good things about the sigma, and even if it isn't as sharp in some situations, the faster aperture would make an even bigger difference in others.