Sometime recently, I think it was Paul that mentioned using the AF-C mode on his K-1 and having good luck with it. We've just had several events at the dojo, and I had good luck using AF-C in select 9 mode.

I forgot to change the camera back, and tried using that when photographing dancers in low light. I was not nearly so successful. I suspect that in low light, sharp edges in the background are far more tempting to the camera than they are in good light.

I'm going to continue experimenting on when to use sel 1vs9 and AF-S vs AF-C (note, I have the AF button configured to lock out autofocus).

I encourage others to also experiment and please tell me what you discover.

   Larry