If you have a spyder 2 you will be well served by a newer colorimeter.
I would highly suggest a Colormunki Display as its the most accurate
out of all of them right now and half what the i1 that uses the same
sensor costs. Paired with displaycal it will give you a very accurate
profile.

Side note: if you have a legitimate windows 7 key you can still
upgrade to windows 10. Google windows 10 accesibility upgrade. Just
pretend you are deaf or blind for a day and do it. Windows 10 is a
pretty big leap in performance over Windows 7. I don't know how much
ram you have but 8GB is a pretty good number to start with if you are
running the newer lightroom. 16-32 is a lot better I must say.