Here are some more things to think about. There is also the laowa 15mm
that is supposedly a strong performer. It is also a macro lens and has
some tilt capability. It's $500 at B&H. Kind of a bargain considering
what you can do with it. They have a 12mm/2.8 (!) coming as well they
are claiming as zero distortion. It seems to mostly live up to the
claim too! I am guessing that might list a bit more, but I can't
remember if they have indicated a price yet. Those seem like the best
cheaper primes for the money currently. There is also a new company
called Irix that is making a variety of wide angle primes that are
slightly more expensive. They also seem to perform well, but I haven't
seen much on them yet. They are all however, full on manual with not
even so much as aperture information, so be ready for that. The
samyang is also well regarded but not pefect by any means. I cannot
remember, but they might have an aperture toggle on the samyang
lenses. At any rate it doesn't really matter so much with a wide
angle. Just focus and stop down and learn to count clicks. Done. You
could easily shoot aperture priority that way like any m42 lens. I
don't think there is much to knock on the 15-30, but I would imagine a
prime to have better performance/weight/etc. Of course a prime would
only cover one focal length though. The 15ltd I believe does not have
an image circle that covers FF by any means. Given its edge
performance on aps-c I wouldn't expect that to look great past the
aps-c sensor either.