Most "classic" Pentax lens optics show serious fringing on DSLRs. The new
lenses are far better. Some primes would be fun, but zoom technology has
advanced to the point where developing primes is somewhat impractical. I
suspect that the D FA 150-450 is superior to any 300 or 400 mm prime Pentax
ever made, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that the D FA 15-30 is better
than any of the old Pentax wide primes.

Paul via phone