Ringling Bro's retired the Elephants last year, it's the dropoff in attendance that seems to have killed the circus. There are other traveling circuses with animals that have a much worse record than Ringling Bro's. The elephants have been moved to a reserve in Florida, but the monkeys and other animals have a somewhat less certain future. The big cats cannot be released into the wild and will end up being board for the rest of their lives. I don't see this as a win for them.

The circus people who probably love the life are now consigned what? Retirement, maybe trailer parks and drugs except for the lucky few who will find something similar at lower pay to what they used to do? That doesn't matter. Who cares if the animals are all right, except that for all but the high profile exotics, and those that could become pets, that probably isn't particularly true either. You know what happens to surplus horses don't you.