You're looking in the wrong dictionary. Try the Urban Dictionary.

On 1/18/2017 1:18 PM, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

Larry,

I thought it was spelled "dike"...
but what can you expect from this pun-net of Pentplorables?!
;-)

There is a funny comment written below the entry for "dyke" on
Merriam-Webster online page:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dyke
And it mentions "the story of the little boy that stuck his finger in
the hole in the dyke and saved Holland."
(read the entire comment on that page)

By the way, here is the Wikipedia page elaborating on that story about
the Dutch boy who plugged a dike with his finger:
http://goo.gl/JeuJa9

Cheers,

Igor

PS. Speaking of the "interesting" things, - I will spare the list from
the photos of a 12.5-foot beam suddenly separating from the top of the
vaulted ceiling and hanging on the light fixture wire, and a 24-foot
beam that luckily did not quite do that yet. All those were a result of
the unusually strong (for this area) hard freeze (16 F (-9 C)) several
nights in a row, followed next day by high 70's-80 F. (+24-- +26 C).
Fortunately, the beams are not structural.