Nice shots, Larry. Takes me back (the swing, that is). I would be interested to see how the Bigma & HD 55-300 compare. I find crops with the HD 55-300 @300 are just as good as uncropped shots with a Sigma 170-500 @ 500.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Colen
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 2:33 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: PESO and GESO Corvallis tire swing and birds

I went for a walk while mom was napping yesterday, I think I like this
one of a tire swing
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/32704700701/in/album-72157676657828303/

Also a small gallery of some birds at the Willamette River a couple
blocks from where I'm staying. Maybe not up there with Paul and Jack,
but still possibly my best shots so far of hummingbirds.  Shot with the
K-1 and Nicole's 55-300 (because it is WR and mine isn't I talked her
into swapping for my trip to the northwet).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157680094829546

I think it has stopped raining, so I'm going to give it a try with the
bigma, maybe on the K-3 ii because I'll be cropping them to a
faretheewell anyways and it has a tighter pixel pitch.

---