So if you want small(er) lenses, stick to screw drive or MF?

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: P. J. Alling
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 5:55 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: D FA★ 85mm F1.4

Well they all have internal focusing motors and probably internal
aperture motors.  Those will take up a certian amount of room. Then
there's the extra lens elements to correct for sharpness robbing
aberrations.  So be careful what you ask for I guess. Face it lenses
will be bigger.  Sure it frees up design but that freedom will most
likely be used to make manufacture easier, more than anything else.