Last week I finally got out on the bike to check out some of the areas where
the Port Hills fires burned.  I took a few phone pics while I was out there.
I'm itching to get up onto the hills but access is still restricted.

http://gallery.multi.net.nz/gallery/61/#geso

The first couple of shots were taken at the end of Hoon Hay Valley Rd which is
a rural area surrounded by suburbs, not far from my house.  The rest were on
Early Valley Rd which is where one of the fires started.  I'd also gone up
Kennedys Bush Rd but didn't stop to take photos.  The fire came within 100
metres of the houses there, some of which are less than a year old!

Cheers,
Dave