This doesn't work the same on the K-1.  On the K-1, in camera mode, it
has an interval shooting selection that can work to create either
frames or movies, but it still uses the full mirror/shutter path to do
so and the minimum interval is 2s.  It would be nice if it had an
electronic shutter mode for intervals of less than 2s and did not use
the mirror/shutter path.  But this probably has the same overheating
limitations of movie mode for long periods of time.  In movie mode
there are no interval options, only options for the remote. You might
as well use time-lapse mode in your iPhone or equivalent for these
types of situations.

--
-- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding
it still. Dorothea Lange