then stay away from the local ASDA Superstore and its car park, located on a hill where it's always rather windy. The parking tickets from the vending machine are particularly flimsy and have a 86 percent chance of flipping over when you close the car's door.

40 quid!!!

The note you'll find on your windscreen is almost two feet long and the endless fine print makes it quite clear that behind all this is a bunch of accomplished shysters. The process to enter an objection with photos and other suporting evidence is about as simple as applying for UK citizenship as a EU foreigner. We've grudgingly paid to avoid the increased amount of 70 quid plus additional fees and levies. We had always been wondering why they have someone permanently patrolling this rather small car park. Now we know the business model behind this. What a scam!

The next car park, near our favourite fish and chips place in Tenterden, has tickets with a slightly sticky rear side, like post-it notes. But why should the folks at Ashford ruin a perfectly working scheme to rip off unsuspecting visitors? What a clever and innovative use of wind energy.

The staff at the superstore have of course nothing to do with all this. The car park is outsourced to another company. They were really sorry and that was it.

They'll have one customer less in the future.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Dunkerque/Dunkirk, France
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com