The structure at the top is another stairway (up I guess). It actually ends before the floor. There are also lights in it, the "ceiling," one on either side. When I look at it now it's hard to figure out, but that is the way I remember it. Because I debated walking down to shoot the circular pattern on the floor, which was not cut off in the middle.

Thanks, Mark. Maybe the vertigo thingee is why I like it.

Marnie aka Doe :-)