Somehow I lost the lens cap from my SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited. I
had the lens on the camera with the lens cap on, and then the lens cap
was gone. Retraced all the places I'd been since last time I remembered
it being in place, but NO JOY!

However, I was able to find a replacement on eBay; genuine Pentax metal
push-on cap with the green felt lining.

Only cost me $40 (incl. shipping & handling).

Would be much, much happier if I'd never lost the cap in the first
place, and much happier if I'd found the one I lost. But, at least, I
have a proper lens cap.

I won't relate all the other piddling little crap I've been dealing with
this summer, other than to note that BIG PROBLEMS don't bring me down
half so much as the "death of a thousand cuts" from the interminable
tiny trials & tribulations I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Every day seems to be 5 miles through the snow and back again with no
shoes & no feet; uphill both ways.

Yet I persist.