I finally got tired of it nagging me to update to v52 and "upgraded".

Didn't have any trouble with the reply/reply to list problem because I was
ready for it and customized my toolbar right away. But I didn't expect it to
turn line-wrap back on, and they obfuscate how to fix that. Think I've got it
now. Only took about an hour to find the answer.