Sent: Friday, October 6, 2017 8:59 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PDML at Fountains Abbey, Yorkshire

Superb group shot and good to see Alan, Mrs Alan and the Wilson's. Oh, and
Fountains Abbey is a lovely place too.

As Bob said, it was a pleasure to spend a day with Alan in London.

Chris

On 3 Oct 2017 10:05 a.m., "Alan C" <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

On 17th Sept. Ann & I travelled to Fountains Abbey with our hosts, Keith &
Mo Marshall (former residents of Phalaborwa) to meet Mike Wilson, wife Kath & daughter Katie. It was a memorable day with very changeable weather. Mike
was very confident of the Pentax WR capabilities but I was no so sure yet.
I was trying out my newly acquired K5 (ex Mark Cassino). The group shot
shows Ann, me, Mike, Kath & Katie. As you can see, Mike is a large customer
who could easily have been a famous front row forward. The river Skell
flows right under the Abbey & would have been far better than a well as a
water source. Building of the Abbey began in the 11th century & was
ultimately sacked by Henry VIII's thugs in the 16th century. It was
obviously very well built, the walls still being in excellent condition but
stripped of anything of value. At it's peak, close to 1000 monks were in
residence making a good living out of agricultural activities. Today the
grounds are a huge estate managed by the National Trust, very popular with
recreational visitors & home to herds of deer. Beautiful gardens and water
features too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/albums/72157687405823164

Mostly with the K5 & DA18-55

I you would like more info, go here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountains_Abbey

We then travelled to the Marshall's home in Healy for tea before the
Wilsons drove home to Washington

Alan C

---

follow the directions.