Paul Sorenson wrote:
Nice job bending the conduit.

Thanks, a friend loaned me his harbor freight hydraulic tubing bender and by the time I was done I had sort of figured out how to use it.

I'm wondering why you chose to triple-nut
the bolts instead of using safety nuts with nylon inserts.

There are a couple of reasons. Primarily that I wasn't triple nutting it to keep them from coming loose, I was doing so to cover sharp edges on the bolts. I'm also not entirely certain how long after the inspector signs the project off that the railing will continue in its current form.

-p