From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Alan C
Sent: Sunday, 15 October 2017 2:37 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: GESO: Portsmouth

We were able to visit Portsmouth on our UK trip. Without trying to bore anyone,
here are some shots.
HMS Warrior is an Ironclad warship of the 19th century with supplementary steam
power. She never
fired a shot in anger but, such was her power, she was the perfect deterrent
for over 30 years. You
all know HMS Victory which remains the Flagship of the Royal Navy with Captain
& Crew. The
restoration of her rigging will only be completed in 2025. Note that Nelson's
bunk is between two
cannons. In fact the whole crew lived among the cannons. Warrior & Victory both
had over 100 guns on
several levels & could deliver devastating broadsides. The Mary Rose
exhibition, only recently
opened, is quite amazing. HMS Queen Elizabeth, the Royal Navy's latest Aircraft
Carrier, was in
dock. The Emirates Spinnaker Tower is impressive but we didn't get a chance to
go up there, nor
visit the Submarine base on the other side of the harbour. If you contemplate a
visit, you will need
a couple of days to do it justice.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/albums/72157687082870121

All with the K5 & DA 18-55.