Or you could simply right click on the mail header click customize and move the reply button onto the tools palette, which leaves only the smart reply button, which properly uses the reply list field when replying to a mailing list message, and allows to option to reply to the individual in the from field, (having two reply buttons seems a bit redundant anyway).   But hey, I've never been afraid of destroying the universe.

Think of it my name would be remembered until the end of time! Oh, wait a minute...