I've been scanning my old slides recently, archiving the ones that
seem worth saving long term. It's proving to be an eye-opening
experience, looking at what I was doing in those pre-digital days as
opposed to what I'm doing now. I wouldn't say digital has improved my
photography, per se, but it's certainly improved my photographs. Being
able to shoot at ISO 400 (rather than the ISO 100 slide film I
preferred) and in-body image stabilization have made for a dramatic
change in the sharpness over the years (except when I was shooting on
a tripod, of course). DOF is also much expanded when you can close
down a couple of stops without worrying about camera shake.

Anyway, here's a sample from 17 years ago:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/7d003104-05.jpg

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com