I suspect that Amazon has read Bill's recent saga of scaring away the delivery driver from his porch together with the package. ;-P~

It's all over the news: Amazon offers a way to get the package delivered inside your home ("Amazon Key"). It is a controversial proposition, with some pro's and con's, and I haven't made up my mind about it (although my first reaction was rejection), but for sure, I am not ready to pay $250 for that privilege.

It is quite interesting though to read the reaction of people, e.g. on Petapixel:
https://petapixel.com/2017/10/28/amazon-will-soon-deliver-camera-gear-directly-house/

Cheers,

Igor

PS. Actually, what would be a much more straight-forward solution (at least for people leaving in suburbs and rural areas) is "Amazon closet": you get a lockable box/shed outside your house to which Amazon authorizes access of the courier. But, obviously, that is not as fancy, and doesn't provide the same prying opportunities for Amazon. I am sure, in the era of "big data", Amazon (which already listens to you via Amazon Echo, if you've got one; I don't) would be interested to have some visual access to your dwelling or even a part of it.