I remember those long ago days of the mid to late aughties when every new Pentax release from the K10D onward was a game changer for Pentax.

Those articles were rife with each newly released Pentax camera, right up to the demise of some of those same magazines.

Sadly that game change never really happened but they did keep Pentax alive.

Personally I hope all current camera manufactures stay alive, even Canon, but unfortunately that's not the way to bet.

Lucky for us Pentax users, the camera division, is one of Ricoh's money making assets.  Unfortunately Ricoh's copier business, the cash cow, doesn't seem to be doing so well.