I think the head of the turtle is too centered, and it would be nearly as minimalist if it were twice as large in the frame but easier to recognize.

On 11/5/2017 10:39 AM, PhotoCapturesbyJeffery.com wrote:
This lovely turtle stuck its head up out of the waters of Radnor Lake here in Nashville TN. I purposely left in the twig up toward the the right of the image.

http://www.photocapturesbyjeffery.com/natural_side/e9aa707eb

    - P.J. O'Rourke