Brian,

Those are all very good themes.
I especially like "Upon closer examination..."

As a thought, - you can always pair up some of them (I am using you original order):
;-)

"Symmetry of arches"
"Circular Shadow"
"Cold gathering"
"Night on the streets"
"Tilted sunrise/sunset" or
 "tilted upon closer examination" (such as "the horizon is off!" :-) )
Or, you can combine even in a trio:
"Tilted sunrise/sunset upon closer examination"

"Water upon closer examination"
"Rusted songlines"

:-)

On a serious note, my first reaction about "gathering" was also the least favorite (as it immediately brought up [photographically] boring family/friends photos). But thinking more about it, I imagined some very interesting and unexpected photos from some PDMLers. (I doubt I would find the energy to realize any of those thoughts, but I submit very irregularly anyway.)

Cheers,

Igor