> On Nov 16, 2017, at 10:40 AM, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't used Photoshop CC but if you want to work for pay, in any part of
> the graphics, industry that's what you use.

Candice happens to be an unemployed professional graphic artist.  It’s actually
for her friend Brett who is just a

> I'm still using Photoshop CS2.  I'm not an artist or illustrator,
> professional or otherwise. I'm an, occasionally good, photographer.  I don't
> need 90% of the features that Photoshop, even a version as ancient, as CS2
> provides.

I’ve got an old copy of photoshop that I got through a friend who works at
adobe. Every feature that I found myself needing in it has been rolled into
lightroom, so I can’t even remember when I last fired it up.

> There are a number of Photoshop competitors that appear to have almost the
> same features for less money or are available for outright purchase.   Unless
> there is something you /need/ that only the latest version of Photoshop has,
> which seems unlikely for a Photographer, there's no need to upgrade.
>
> The current business model that Adobe is following is good for most
> professionals, it's also very, very good for Adobe who seem to be minting
> money at the moment.  It's not so good for the average photographer, who
> needs to upgrade occasionally as hardware improves and those improvements are
> happening with much less frequency.

It’s good for professionals that use photoshop. It’s less good for folks who
just use Lightroom.  I don’t know of a single feature in Lightroom CC I need
that isn’t in LR6.  For that matter, there are serious issues with the cool new
features in LR6 that makes them much less useful than they could be.  The
subscription cost is about the same as the cost of upgrading every year, with
the added cost of losing the ability to edit photos if I stop upgrading.   Yes,
in theory, I could always fall back to LR6, until they change the processing
engine.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com