The police did not shoot her.

She was in tears.  Apparently the pit bull escaped through her front door,
saw the little dog, and attacked. She tried to help separate the dogs, but
was way too late.  She may have suffered some minor injuries, but only our
friend, the owner of Calleigh, had to be taken to the hospital.

BTW, when they were at our house, Calleigh played with my 90 pound Malamute
in our fenced pool patio, and they got along great.

Dan Matyola