Before my day??   Flattery will get you nowhere, Stan :-)  Be kind to your elders...
(In case you really didn't know.. I'm 81.)

I knew about it back in the day... I've got the it on vinyl somewhere and  I saw the movie more than once..
But suddenly that line John quoted was no longer in my memory bank..
I did say "Obie" sounded familiar.   Then it morphed in to officer Krumpky from West Side Story and I couldn't
retrieve it.

Billy Collins 's poem, Forgetfulness, tells the situation well..
here a a few lines.. you can find him reading it on line and the entire work... one of my very favorites.

"The name of the author is the first to go
followed obediently by the title, the plot,
the heartbreaking conclusion, the entire novel
which suddenly becomes one you have never read,
never even heard of,

as if, one by one, the memories you used to harbor
decided to retire to the southern hemisphere of the brain,
to a little fishing village where there are no phones.
....."

ann