Thanks, Larry and John!

I have already though about the bean bag approach, and even picked up some
dried peans to put in a bag.  I also though of using the ir remote to fire
to shutter, to avoid shutter shake.

Years ago I framed the full moon between two palm trees, and I might try
that again.

Going up the mountain to the 10,000 foot level would probably get me above
the clouds, but it is a hell of a drive at night.

I will play around and see what develops.  :)

Dan Matyola