Fortunately, and somewhat unusually for me, I will not find it hard to resist
temptation.

With respect to low-light performance, I am already blown away.
When we get back from a trip I typically do a quick pass through the downloaded
images, everything that looks interesting and salvageable gets a one-star.
I periodically go back and do a slow one-by-one look at the multiple thousands
of images with particular attention to the one-stars.
Meg and I are usually together on trips, we often take shots of the same thing.
Her camera is a form of Panasonic rebranded as a Leica, fairly recent.
So I have a chance to do a side-by-side comparison of two shots, K-1 vs Leica
D-Lux. In low light situations, the K-1 RAW images in Lightroom are so so much
cleaner before any noise reduction processing, and they clean up nicely. The
Leica images are basically not usable. The iPhone does better. It is a nice
reminder for me that I need not be looking for some different better camera.
(Yes, the implication also is that I need to get Meg off her Leica and onto
something like the K-3ii. Been there, done that, she prefers the compact P&S.
Which works well for her in normal lighting conditions.)

stan