Dear PDMLers,

I'd like to hear your opinion on this, especially from the point of view of those who did/does "seating session" photography (if anybody).

We just received the annual class photograph for my child. (We usually do not purchase individual ones, but buy group photographs, as a memory for the kid.)

We've had some photographs from the previous years, and the quality varies. Most of the time all these photographs are ... ghm ... at the
"OK" level. But it is expected, so, I am sort of content with that.
It was only once that the quality was above my expectation.

And I think it is typical for different times and places:
I remember that most most of my formal class photos were mediocre. One was so bad that the parents rebelled and made the photographer to redo the shooting properly (or maybe they got a different photographer, and forced the first one to refund the money, I don't remember).

So, here comes my question: On this year photograph, I see two kids with
their eyes closed, and three with their eyes not visible at all because
their glasses were totally covered by the flash reflection.
So, 5 out of 19 kids (and 3 teachers) have their eyes not visible.
Do you think this is normal?

My thinking is as follows:
Seating-session photographs (i.e. posed) is a separate area where one needs to have a skill to have it right (setting, light, poses, people management), plus some when it concerns kids. And that's what the photographer gets her/his money for. I do not expect
a masterpiece, but I'd like to see no trivial problems.
Is my expectation unreasonable?

Thank you in advance,

Igor