From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Thursday, 1 March 2018 9:13 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: PDML Annual book - request for next year

On 2/28/2018 16:42, John Coyle wrote:
> On most on-line forms, under Windows 10, and prior to that under at
> least 7 if not XP, previously submitted information is available if you type
> the first letter of
the information as a dropdown.
> More than that, I notice that on at least one line banking system,
> when making payments, previously entered references are also available.
> Perhaps that is an advantage of using Windows, despite the naysayers in this
> group?

The advantage for me was Windows has always been mostly hardware agnostic. I
could buy parts, plug
'em together; boot up the install disk and get a working, usable system ... up
until Windoze 10.

When I wanted to actually do some work, the applications I needed to use would
function. Sometimes
it was aggravating. It took trial and error to get it going, but eventually it
*DID* get going.
Often it was FUGLY, but it worked.

That's why I'm so hostile towards Windoze 10. It didn't work. After all the
nagging and aggravation
they put me through, it wouldn't work.