Subash, I'm late on this. Nice sharp image of a female. Now to get a male! These are difficult birds to photograph - they are never still. The two common species in Kruger are the Marico & White bellied.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Subash Jeyan
Sent: 6 March, 2018 11:01 AM
To: pdml
Subject: PESO: sunbird

a peso after quite a while...

wikipedia tells me that the purple-rumped sunbird is endemic to the
indian subcontinent and is less than 10 cm long. a female of the
species, taken from the balcony of my 2nd floor apartment, with the
k-5iis and the DAL 55-300:

https://500px.com/photo/248374067/purple-rumped-sunbird-by-subash-jeyan

~subash

---