I'm a contrarian... I like the first one better because I find the OTF branch behind the birdy in the second shot a bit distracting... it looks almost like
a shadow... and I like the pose more.

But I looked at your whole birds from the balcony folder and this one (that I don't think you pesoed yet) is my favorite

https://500px.com/photo/248692241/sunbird-by-subash-jeyan?ctx_page=1&from=gallery&galleryPath=29765525&user_id=8427981

Compositionally and because of the alert expression of the sunbird.. not as useful for a field guide page, but much the best for a framed work on the wall,me thinks

ann