Thanks Andy: nice links.
I succeeded in opening the viewer, it slides open by strong, but controlled force.
Holding the viewer against a picture on my smartphone delivers a sharp view!
As the distance of the picture is different from the exact position of a slide, I still have to see if the two pictures merge into the correct stereo view.
Greetz, Jos