I think I was a little confused about the models. This one is pretty much
what i described, but about $350:
Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDIS6M0/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_QZyWAb274S1JE
Look at their other models, too.

This is what I ended up putting on my wishlist. It's no longer available on
Amazon, but I'm sure you can find it on eBay, if not elsewhere:
Kanto YUMI Premium Powered Bookshelf Speakers with Wireless Bluetooth 4.0
aptX Technology – Gloss White
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQWRTS6/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_F2yWAb8AFBM2E