This is way OT, but there are some old school motorhead on this list that might
know the answer. Some of them even know about corporate automotive
advertisement.

I was listening to the tail end of KPIGs weekly live music show this morning
and they played an ad for Dodge.  It started out with the sound of an engine
and then the announcer said something to the effect of “to most people this is
just the sound of a car engine but to some it is a 6.8 liter hemi with a
supercharger …. followed by about 6.8 liters of hyperbole.

But, I didn’t hear any supercharger whine. Has anyone else heard the ad?  Does
Dodge actually have a blown motor where you can’t hear the whine? Was it just
mic’ed in such a way that the whine isn’t audible?  Is it a blower with a
clutch that just wouldn’t kick in at idle? For that matter, I can’t even find,
with a quick google search, a factory supercharged 6.8l motor.

Is it possible that they just recorded the audio of some naturally aspirated
6.8 and the ad copy has little, if any basis, in reality?  Would car companies
actually do such a thing?

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com