Steve Cottrell wrote:
On 12/5/18, Larry Colen, discombobulated, unleashed:

I was driving to lunch yesterday and saw this really ugly chicken by the
side of the road eating a huge worm. I got a couple of photos of it with
my 28-75 before a motorcycle drove past and scared it away

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/42021343122/in/album-72157668896223998/

The hell is that? Surely a snake?

I'm pretty sure it's a snake, in retrospect I could have gone and looked more closely once they had both flown away. From what I can tell, I'd guess it was a gopher snake. The grass looks fairly freshly mown so that's probably what killed it.