That's a lovely shot! He stands out so nicely - I'm pretty sure I saw him in Alaska... looks familiar

ann

On 6/12/2018 10:09 PM, Subash Jeyan wrote:
the red knot (Calidris canutus) “is a medium-sized shorebird which
breeds in tundra and the Arctic Cordillera in the far north of Canada,
Europe, and Russia”. while “North American breeders migrate to coastal
areas in Europe and South America, the Eurasian populations winter in
Africa, Papua New Guinea, Australia and New Zealand”.

first time a red knot is seen in pulicat lake, chennai. may be in
transit from their winter homes….

https://somethingfeathered.wordpress.com/2018/06/13/red-knot/

k5iis, sigma 150-500 OS HSM, 440mm, f/8, 1/500s, 500 ISO, cropped.

comments appreciated.

~subash

--
ann sanfedele photography