Hi :
I have a Dunco, and it has an on/off switch in the step down
transformer, ( the bulb is a 11.5 volts, cool light one)  which in my
unit goes after the timer.  You can have the timer working and the
enlarger off. The timer came with the enlarger.

Talking about timers, I build a Heathkit PT-1500 about 17 years ago.
 This is a multifunction digital timer, with 3 modes of operation:
process ( for film or paper), enlarger, and clock.
It has a  pressure sensitive film for the controls that keeps moisture
and chemicals out.  It has foot switch connectors for the process and
for the enlarger ( your hands are free!).  It can be programed to beep
and intervals of  each sec, every 30 sec, every minute, and at the end.
 You can also program steps like step one will be 9 minutes 30 seconds,
then a second step of  one minute , and a final for 15 minutes.  You can
tie all this steps automatically without the timer  to stop or have them
cycle each one yourself on, when the preceding gets to zero.  I have
seen this one on ebay go from 39 dollars up to around 100 dollars,  it
is rare in ebay.

If anyone want more information on this timer just email me.

Angel