It looks like I didn't lose anything. My haphazard method of storing multiple copies of files seems to have worked for me. It took most of the weekend to make Lightroom happy again by creating directories and moving files into them so that it could find them. One of the things I discovered was that sometimes I have stored the same file in 6 different locations across 3 hard drives or groups of drives (I hesitate to use the word RAID with Drobo). Even by my standards that is a bit much.

So, as well as restoring files, I am giving my system a much needed clean up.

Have fun

bill