PESO: PDML discussion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/43363009902/in/album-72157669137217797/

I'm finally back from my trip North. What was supposed to be a relatively short trip for a tango event and then visiting became a lot more complicated as things came up and we had to come up with new living arrangements for my mom.

I'm starting in on my huge backlog of photos. Today, I tackled my wildlife photos.

Here is my fauna album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157669137217797

Comments and suggestion are always appreciated.

Here are a bunch more photos of critters that I liked but not quite as much as the ones above:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157693255549880

Some of them are technically challenged, but still fun, like the ones of what I think are kingbirds dive bombing a bald eagle. I ran into some issues at SNWR with the flange mount of my bigma coming a bit loose.

Here are some flower pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157693251449550

I learned a few things that might come in handy on future trips:

A lot of birds (mostly cormorants) nest under the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport. I had hoped to go back when the light wasn't quite so harsh, but that was one of many things I wasn't able to get to on this trip.

A Dodge van is very suboptinal for the car tour of the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge. It turns out that you aren't allowed out of your car except in a few spots there, even in the summer when there aren't many skittish birds around. I'd like to go back in a convertible so that I'm not trying to take photos while hanging out of the driver's window.

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/