Interesting.  When I had my Pentax 6X7, the image quality was outstanding.
Mostly, however, I made contacts and then had enlargement printed.  I had
only 2 lenses for it, both primes.

Did you really mean to say you had been using DSLR cameras for 45 years?  I
didn't think they have been around that long.

Dan Matyola