This Jazz singer is not Ms. Denoise. The band Hotsy Totsy (formerly Rose and the Honeysuckers) played at the monthly live music night at the local swing dance. I hadn't planned on taking photos, but on my way in the band asked me if I was going to, and I took the hint.

I feel that the majority of the aesthetic value of this photo is due to the subject matter rather than the photographer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/43755300141/in/album-72157693855328620/

The lighting absolutely sucked. Most of the light is above and behind the band members. There is a color changing LED lamp to the left of the band, so much/most of the front lighting is in wonky colors.

At one point I got a battery powered LED lamp (from costco) and put it on a speaker to try and improve the lighting. It helped but not enough, so I went back out to my van and got a LED headlamp and played with it. I make it a point to avoid using flash at dances, but I realized I could cheat and still avoid using flash.

For those interested, full set at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157693855328620
All photos taken with K-1 and my 100/2.8 macro.

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/